Purchasing products via the links in our article may result in us earning a commission, but rest assured, this does not influence our editorial independence.
If you own a Nespresso machine, you know that descaling it regularly is important to keep it running smoothly and producing delicious coffee. However, sometimes the machine can get stuck in descale mode, and you may not know how to get it out.
In this article, we will show you how to exit descale mode on a Nespresso machine, step-by-step. We will also provide some troubleshooting tips if you are having trouble exiting descale mode.
How to Exit Descale Mode Nespresso
To exit descale mode on a Nespresso machine, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the button and lever at the same time for 3 seconds. This will turn off the machine and exit descale mode.
2. Wait 10 minutes. This will give the machine time to reset.
3. Turn on the machine. The light should be green, indicating that the machine is ready to use.
4. Rinse the machine. Place a cup under the coffee spout and press the button. The machine will dispense hot water. Repeat this step several times until the water runs clear.
5. Brew a cup of coffee. Your Nespresso machine is now ready to use.
You can also watch this video to learn how to exit descale mode.
If you follow these steps and your machine is still stuck in descale mode, you may need to contact Nespresso customer support for assistance.
If you are having trouble exiting descale mode, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- If the light is still blinking after 10 minutes, try pressing and holding the button for at least 7 seconds.
- If the machine is still stuck in descale mode, contact Nespresso customer support.
Here are some additional tips for exiting descale mode on a Nespresso machine:
- Make sure that the machine is turned on when you try to exit descale mode.
- If you are using a Nespresso Vertuo machine, make sure that the capsule container is empty and that the drip tray is inserted.
- If you are still having trouble exiting descale mode, try resetting the machine. To do this, press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
Exiting descale mode on a Nespresso machine is a simple process. However, if you are having trouble, try the troubleshooting tips above. If you are still having trouble, contact Nespresso customer support for assistance.